Gordon Ramsay Lasagne Recipe. Ramsay, the renowned chef with a passion for culinary perfection, has a lasagna recipe that’s truly a masterpiece in Italian comfort food. Gordon Ramsay Lasagne Recipe. Ramsay’s take on this classic dish is a delightful blend of rich flavors, velvety sauces, and perfectly cooked layers of pasta.
Gordon Ramsay Lasagne Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 500g (about 1 pound) ground beef
- 400g (about 14 ounces) canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 250ml (about 1 cup) red wine
- 250ml (about 1 cup) beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 50g (about 1/4 cup) butter
- 50g (about 1/3 cup) all-purpose flour
- 600ml (about 2.5 cups) milk
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
For the Lasagna:
- 250g (about 9 ounces) lasagna sheets (precooked if necessary)
- 200g (about 2 cups) grated Parmesan cheese
- 200g (about 2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded
For the Bolognese Sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic, carrot, and celery. Sauté until they soften and turn golden.
- Add the ground beef and cook until it’s well browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for a few minutes until it’s well incorporated and slightly caramelized.
- Pour in the red wine and let it simmer until it’s reduced by half.
- Add the canned tomatoes, beef stock, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick Bolognese sauce. Remove the bay leaf and set the sauce aside.
For the Bechamel Sauce:
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour to create a paste, known as a roux. Cook the roux for a minute or two, but do not let it brown.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, ensuring there are no lumps. Continue to whisk until the sauce thickens and becomes smooth.
- Season the bechamel sauce with freshly grated nutmeg, salt, and white pepper. Remove it from the heat.
Assembling the Lasagna:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (about 350°F).
- In a deep baking dish, start with a layer of Bolognese sauce, followed by a layer of lasagna sheets. Then, add a layer of bechamel sauce and sprinkle with a mixture of Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat this process until you’ve used up all the ingredients, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
- Bake the lasagna in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until it’s bubbling, golden brown, and the pasta is cooked through.
- Allow the lasagna to rest for a few minutes before serving. This will make it easier to slice and serve.
Gordon Ramsay’s lasagna recipe is a labor of love that results in a lasagna that’s truly indulgent and comforting. The layers of rich Bolognese and creamy bechamel sauce meld together perfectly, making every bite a delightful experience. Whether you’re making it for a special occasion or a cozy family dinner, Ramsay’s lasagna recipe is sure to impress your guests and leave them craving more.